06 December 2010

Ssiiiiggghhh(Galaxy S update)

I'm one of the many people who bought into the whole Galaxy S craze. Personally, since I was stupid enough to stay with AT&T, I got the captivate, and I have to say I'm happy with the phone overall, but the whole update thing... yeah, it's starting to come back to bite me in the ass.

Android has been rolling out updates like crazy in recent months. I mean, we saw 2.1 and 2.2(Froyo) and now 2.3(Gingerbread) in a matter of months, not to meantion a few shreds of news about Ice Cream. All these updates have had Android users on the edge of their seats, particularly those of us who chose to root and flash our phones with updates from the XDA forums.


Then you have the rest of us who have rooted our phones, but have not flashed them. Maybe some are too scared, maybe some just don't want to(me), or maybe some, god forbid, haven't even rooted their phones.




Either way, our wait for updates has been absolutely rediculous. Samsung had previously stated that they would have all updates rolled out for all carriers by the end of November.

I'm not really sure what callander they're going by, but last time I checked, the first week of December is about to be over and those of us in North America have had only this to at least let us know that the idea of 2.2 isn't dead... yet.



That's right, folks, Canadia is getting the 2.2 Froyo update for both the Captivate and the Vibrant this month, and apperantly the Fascinate is going to be receiving it sometime in "early 2011", which could mean anywhere from January to April, but still... that's a date more firm than what we have here in 'murrikah.

Anyway, that was my rant post for today, tune back in tomorrow for some photos from the midnight Cataclysm launch here in my home town.


Skiddy, signing out.


Via:

1 comment:

  1. You should post more on rooting your phone.

    ReplyDelete